How To Apply for Schengen Visa From Canada?
Canadian citizens who have a Canadian passport can visit the Schengen region for business stay or tourism for up to 90 days without any visa. The Schengen region is the visa-free regime for the Canadians.
Non-Canadian citizens, who want to travel the Schengen area and reside in Canada with a permanent resident card, must apply for a Schengen Visa based on Schengen Visa eligibility at the right embassy or consulate. Also, people who have valid multiple entries Canadian Visa with 3-months validity after returning to the homeland from the Schengen region can apply for the Schengen visa.
Schengen Visa Requirements To Apply From Canada:
For the Canadian, the application should have only these four documents that are needed when applying for a Schengen visa:
- A Canadian passport that has expiry at least three months after you reach back to Canada
- Means of subsistence showing financial resources to finance the trip
- A purpose of travel that is justifiable
- Special requirement that is needed by every country to give entrance to the visitor.
Documents needed by a Canadian to enter the Schengen region:
The consulates and embassies of the Schengen region have their own policies for the documents to submit for the Schengen visa application. But some common documents are as follow:
These requirements are for the Canadian residents who belong to a country that needs to get the Schengen visa before visiting the region; the newly required documents differ from the above-mentioned documents. The most needed documents for the Schengen visa application are:
- A valid passport that is not expiring within three months of your return from the Schengen region; also it should have two blank pages one for visa and one to be left blank and it should not be older than 10 years
- Valid permanent residence card in original or valid multiple entry Canadian Visa
- Schengen visa application form filled completely and signed by you; every member of the family who is willingly visiting the Schengen area needs to have a separate application form
- Passport size photograph that is recent and not older than 3 months
- Proof of major travelings like round trip flight reservation showing your arrival and departure date to and from the Schengen region
- A cover letter telling about the purpose of visit
- Proof of accommodation in the form of hotel accommodation, rental agreement, or invitation from the host
- Travel Health Insurance giving coverage of minimum €30,000; it should even cover the death expenses of the person in the Schengen state
- Proof of financial capability present it in the form of bank account showing last 3 months of information or Traveler’s cheque
- If you are being invited then the invitation letter from the host that is not older than 4 weeks
- Proof of paying the visa fee
In every case all of the above-mentioned documents are necessary but depending on the person’s category the demand for documents might change. For instance, a company employee needs to give their employment proof, or a business owner must submit the supporting documents with the proof of their running business.
Right Embassy to apply for a Schengen Visa from Canada:
For how much time you are going to visit the Schengen region with the total number of countries will decide where you should apply for the Schengen visa at the first place
If you are visiting two countries for equal time then apply at the embassy where you are going to land first. On the other hand, when you are going to spend unequal time then apply at the embassy where you are going to spend the longest time.
The right time to apply for the Schengen visa in Canada:
It usually takes 15 days to complete reviewing the application and providing the visa. The earliest you can apply for a visa is three months before you intend to visit the Schengen region. Sometimes, there is the requirement of special documents that can take the process up to 60 days.
If you are planning to visit the Schengen region then it is better to initiate with getting the flight itinerary first as it will have all the information about your traveling. There are specific individuals whose applications are the top priority for the Embassy
- Applicant having EEA OR EU citizen family member
- In case of a medical emergency
What is the Schengen Visa Application Fee To Apply from Canada:
No matter where you go in the world the Schengen visa fee will remain the same throughout. Here is the chart that will guide you about the current Schengen visa application fees.
|Schengen Visa Fee Category||Amount in Euro|
|Children (between 6-12 years)||30 €|
|Children (below 6)||Free|