Last Updated 24 May 2018
Your privacy is important to us. We at Visabookings. (“Visabookings.com”, “visabooking.com”, “we”, “us”, “our”) value your privacy and are committed to safeguarding any personal data you give us.
This document describes how we collect, use, process, and disclose your information, including personal information while using our services. Visabookings offers online travel related services and information through multiple media such as its website, mobile devices. The information provided in this document is applicable to services offered through all these platforms.
1.Information we collect
a) Personal Information you give us.
We collect the information you share with us while using our platform.
- Personal Information: As a part of your order on our Site, we may collect information such as your first name, last name, email address, phone, date of birth, current city, gender, Beneficiary name, passport number (optional).
- Payment Information: We ask for your financial data such as card information when you book orders from us. This is however processed directly by our safe and trusted payment partner and we do not store any of it at our end.
- Travel Information: We collect information related to your travel plans to create an itinerary matching requirements of visa application. These itineraries are by default private and we do not associate it with any personal identification such as your name and publish it as a guest itinerary.
- Communication related information: Whenever you need to get in touch with Visabookings using any platform such as email, social media, phone and(or) chat tool etc., we collect the information related to the communication held. Any communication with the Visabookings customer support for any product related inquiries is also collected by us.
2. How we use the Information we collect
We use, store and process the information collected from you for a variety of purposes as described in the following section
- Managing bookings: We use your personal data, and the data you provide us about others during the booking process to ensure and fulfill your bookings with us. We may also require this data to be communicated to our partners who are involved in conducting the actual services you seek and book on our platform.
- Communication purposes: Personal information you provide helps us get in touch with you. This can be of various nature – to revert in case of any inquiry or information you seek from us, to communicate your details to our partners conducting the actual booking, inform about any important information concerning your upcoming bookings, seeking feedback for using our services, communicating important product or policy updates etc.
- Marketing activities: We may use your personal information to conduct some marketing activities such as sending you relevant travel related information, communicating both generic and personalized offers, sending you special offers being run by our business partners that might be relevant to you or communicating promotional activities that we may run from time to time and updates related to the same. You may easily opt out of these marketing activities by opting for the unsubscribe link in case of an email campaign
- Improving our services: We also use the information you provide us for performing analytics and conducting research. This is done to optimize and improve our services and enhance the user experience at Visabookings.
3. Sharing your data
We will share your personal data with third parties during certain scenarios as mentioned below:
- Payment Partner: While booking a order with us, we have payment partners in place who help us complete your transaction. All payments on our site are secured and protected by PayPal
- Social media: We may also from time to time and strictly with your consent share some data on social media or blog about your travel or Visabookings experiences for the benefit of the travel community. We also have certain social media plugins integrated on our website using which you can share and post things on those platforms. Commenting on blogs or writing reviews using third party plugins such as Facebook and others will be available on our platform and visible for the public to view.
4. Safeguarding your Personal data
We undertake reasonable measures to prevent any misuse of and gaining unauthorized access to personal data that you entrust to us. Our security procedures take both online and offline, technical and physical access into consideration while storing data. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access your personal data during their course of work.
5. Rights of EEA Users (or Similar International Areas)
Information, including information collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may be transferred, stored and processed by Us and Our services providers in the United States and other countries whose data protection laws may be different than the laws of Your country. We will protect Your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed and take appropriate steps to protect the information in accordance with applicable laws. If You live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, You may have additional privacy rights available to You under applicable laws. Your rights may include:
(1) Right not to provide or withdraw consent at any time
(2) Right to access the Personal Data that You provided Us
(3) Right to erasure Personal Data that We hold about You
(4) Right to object to the processing of Your Personal Data
(5) Right to opt out of marketing communications
(6) Right to correct any of Your Personal Data
6. Controlling your Personal data
You may request to update, or delete the information by sending an email to [email protected]
We disclose personal data to law enforcement upon request from law enforcement bodies. This might be strictly necessary for prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or fraud or if we are legally obliged to do so.
Visabookings is committed to protecting the security of Your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect Your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Visabookings uses reasonable efforts to Your Personal Data, Visabookings cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may collect your approximate or precise location based on data such as your IP address or your mobile’s GPS to provide you with a better experience. Mostly all mobile devices give you an easy access to control your location services through the device’s settings.
Device and Usage Information: When you access our platform using either our website or mobile app, we automatically collect your device information such as device’s software and hardware information, device event information, crash data, cookie data and other such information. We also collect information such as pages visited, page engagement, content searched, page navigation, bookings made and other such actions.
9. Third Party Services
The Site or Our Services may contain links to third party websites and services. When You click on a link to any other website, location, or service You will leave the Site or Our Services and go to another site or service and another entity may collect data from You. We do not control and are not responsible for such third party websites or services. Third party services are for your convenience only, and we do not recommend, screen, review, or have any control over the actions taken by these third parties. Your use of these services is solely Your choice and decision. Please review every third party website or service You visit or use, including those that You interact with through Our services.
10. Log Files
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about Our user base as a whole, and better tailor the Site and Our Services to Our users’ needs