Schengen Visa from Italy embassy in Algeria- 4 Steps to Apply
Italy embassy in Algeria resumed processing of Schengen visa applications from Jun 1, 2021 for travelers visiting Italy. To support Algerian business and Italian business communities and the economy recovery, Italy embassy in Algeria giving priority to Schengen Business Visa applications. Italy embassy in Algeria in partnership with VFS global will contact all Schengen business visa (valid for one year or more) that was issued by Italy embassy in Algeria and that expired due to Covid-19 pandemic to offer them an appointment at one of its centers (Algiers, Oran, Constantine). Although the procedure for all Schengen visa applications are almost similar but before applying for visa, it’s better to go through all the information related to that particular consulate. In this blog we are going to discuss that how we can apply for Schengen visa at Italy Embassy in Algeria.
Italy Schengen visa (2019) stats issued at Italy embassy In Algeria
|Consulate||Total Uniform visas applied for||Multiple entry uniform visas issued||Total LTV Visas issued|
|Italy embassy in Algeria||374,287||110,896||1,864|
Types of Schengen Visas available for Algeria Citizens
- Schengen Visa type C: This visa can be applied for the purposes like travel, business and visiting friends and family. This one is applied for 90 days only.
- National Visa type D: This one is applied for an extended period of time. Those who wish to travel Italy for tourism, business, short term employment and student exchange for a period spanning between 91 to 180 days, should apply for this Schengen visa type.
- Airport Transit Visa type A: This visa is applied for the airport transit session only.
Where to Apply Schengen Visa from Italy Embassy in Algeria
Visa applicants should reside in Algeria to become eligible for applying Schengen visa from Italian embassy in Algeria. Tourists residing in Algeria on visit visa are not eligible to apply and they need to apply from their home country.
Italian consulate at Algeria has now outsourced all visa processing to VFS global and they will process visa application for Italy Schengen Business visa.
Address for the VFS Global in Algiers, Algeria
This Visa Application Centre has an additional fee requirement
Service Fee: DZD 3320
Mode of Payment: Cash
Bouteldja houidef n°1 Ben Aknoun Algiers-16000 ALGERIA
Hours: Sunday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Who can apply Italy Schengen Visa at VFS Global Algiers?
Depending on the state you live VFS Global at Algiers accept visa applications. Visa applicants staying close to Algiers can applying at VFS global Algiers.
Schengen Visa Types issued by Italy embassy in Algeria
Schengen visas are issued for about 90 day or less depending the reasons for applying visa which are explained below. National visa is also issued which has the duration longer than 90 days.
Visa Applicants can choose category depending on below reasons
- Visiting Italy- This visa is issues for tourism/vacation purposes
- Business Visa- This visa is issues for professional/work related purposes
- Airport transit visa- This visa is used for transit
- Family visa- This visa is issues for meeting family
- Sports visa- This visa is issued for sports person
- Medical visa- This visa is issued for receiving medical treatments
- Schengen cultural visa- This visa for attending events
- Study Visa – This visa is used for training or study purpose
Can Schengen Visa be Used for Multiple Entry or Single Entry?
Consulates offer Schengen visa depending on reasons applied for, documents submitted and the fees paid. Below are categories applicants can get
Multiple Entry Visa – Traveler can enter Schengen country any number of times within 90 days
Single Entry Visa – Traveler can enter Schengen country only once within 90 days
4 Steps to apply Schengen Visa Application from Italy Embassy in Algiers, Algeria
Applying for Schengen business Visa is a simple and quick process if you prepare documentation carefully. If you follow steps below you can apply visa without any worries. You need to apply atleast 2 -3 weeks prior to travel date so that you give enough time for consulate to process your application.
Step 1: Choose right visa category and fill online visa application
Depending on your reason for trip select the appropriate visa type for traveling to Italy. You can visit Italy embassy Algeria website to know documents required, visa fee and other details to apply.
Fill the visa application online by first creating an account as that is the prerequisite to start your application. Once the account is created then fill Schengen Visa Application . Once you complete entering all the information save it so that you can retrieve it and print the application to sign it manually.
Step 2: Book Your appointment after arranging supported documents
One of the most critical steps for getting visa is to get all required documents which need to be submitted along with your visa application. Below is the list of documents needed
- Schengen Visa application form
- Passport photos matching visa requirements
- Valid Passport – with atleast 6 months validity having 2 blank pages
- Proof of financial sufficiency
- Round trip flight ticket
- Proof of accommodation –hotel reservation for visa
- Travel health insurance or Schengen health insurance
- Address proof
- Student ID card if enrolled with university
- Employer-employee relationship documents
- Marriage/ Birth certificate
- Invitation letter
Once documents are arranged (or) have a plan to get them on particular date then you need to Book your Visa appointment. Go to Book appointment for Italian Embassy in Algiers website and book appointment for VFS Global Centre in Algiers. Create a new user if you don’t have a user id and then book your visa appointment date based on available dates matching your schedule.
Step 3: Attend Interview at VFS Global in Algiers
Go through few important and most frequently asked question by visa officer during interview. Below is the list of frequently asked questions are
- Purpose of Your Trip?
- Is anyone sponsoring your trip?
- How long do you stay?
- Do you regularly pay your income tax?
- Can you provide your bank statement?
To refer detailed interview questions, check out Schengen visa interview questions
What To Do on the Date of Visa Interview
Go to VFS global center in Algiers on the date of interview atleast 30 min before your interview so that you can relax and have an overview of the location to get yourself comfortable. Ensure you got all required documents along with photocopies for your visa application. During the interview process you may be required to give biometrics data depending on consulate requirements. After the biometrics is done you need to pay the required Schengen visa fee and submit your application.
Step 4: Track Visa application status
After completing the interview next step is monitor status of your visa application. VFS global website has provided feature to track using status tracker tool using the reference number provided at the time of interview. Once your visa application is approved you will be notified to collect your passport. In some cases, due to incomplete/insufficient supported document’s provided visa application can be rejected.
Some of the Schengen Visa Rejection Reasons Listed Below
- Inadequate explanation of the traveling purpose
- Lack of financial proof to support trip cost
- Invalid passport or Passport expiring in 2 months
- No travel insurance covering trip
- Did not provide accommodation proof
- Missing documents
What to do if your Schengen Visa is rejected is explained in detail at Solve My Schengen Visa Rejection problem
Applying for a Schengen Business Visa process in Algeria is easy and you need to work with VFS global to submit your application by following this article. Hopefully your visa will be approved and you can enjoy your trip with family, friends & others. Holders of a new Schengen visa, or of a Schengen visa still valid, therefore, are not automatically allowed to enter Italian and Schengen territory and must comply with the travel restrictions in force at Schengen level and at the level of the country of first entry into the Schengen area because of Covid pandemic. It is indeed the responsibility of each traveler to check the travel restrictions in place before departure