How to Get UK Tier 2 Work Visas for Skilled Workers?
The UK tier 2 work visa is a route especially designed for the skilled workers from outside EEA and Switzerland. Companies in the UK can hire skilled workers from other parts of the world. Besides having a job offer from a licensed sponsor in the UK, the applicant must fulfil the basic requirements of this points based UK work visa type.
Categories of the UK Tier 2 Work Visa
Following are the four basic UK work visa types.
1. Skilled Worker Visa
This visa is for the applicants with a specific skill. They are offered a job in the UK to fill the gap in the labor force. This is a temporary post.
2. UK visa for Sportspersons
This category is specified for the services of elite and professional athletes and coaches from outside the UK and they can apply for UK tier 2 sportsperson visa.
3. Intra-Company Transfer Visa
As a worker of some multinational company, you can be transferred to the UK branch of the same organization. There are two types of applicants who can apply for Uk Tier 2 Intra company transfer visa
- Graduate trainee
- Long term staff
4. Visa for the Minister of Religion
Religious workers, missionaries, ministers etc. can apply for some job in their own faith community in the UK and stay as long as UK tier2 religion based visa is valid.
Who can apply for the UK Tier 2 Work Visa?
- Professions like accountancy, IT, engineering, teaching and healthcare are highly demanded in the UK.
- In case of having a unique profession which is not on the shortage occupation list, the sponsor will have to prove that the particular vacancy cannot be filled by some qualified UK resident.
What Documents are required for UK Tier 2 Work Visa?
Depending on your circumstances, you might need to submit certain additional documents. The most common documents to apply visa are as under;
- Current passport with a blank page for visa and other related travel documents like visa travel insurance (if any)
- Your sponsorship certificate with the particular reference number
- A passport size photo (required for particular routes)
- A recent bank statement showing your ability to maintain funds for the UK visa.
- You need to prove your English language proficiency. You can attach any certified or approved document that proves your proficiency.
- A letter proving you to be tuberculosis free (required only if you belong to a TB prevalent country).
- Certified translation of all of your documents (required only if the documents are not in English or Welsh)
- You need to submit a criminal record certificate if you have stayed in any other country for about 12 months in the past 10 years.
How to Apply?
- Tier 2 visas are applied online. But not for the residents of North Korea. North Korean applicants must download the application form to fil it.
- You need a certificate of sponsorship by your UK sponsor to proceed the visa application.
- Like all the UK visa tiers, you must earn the allocated marks (specified for this route) to prove your eligibility.
- For your biometric residence permit, you must submit your clear photograph and fingerprints taken at the visa application center only.
- Your biometric residence permit is a part of your visa application so you must get it within ten days of arriving UK.
Some other Points about the UK Tier 2 Work Visa
- This route allows you to work and stay in the UK for a time period specified by your sponsor. As long as you are sponsored, you can stay in the UK (but not more than 6 years).
- You can manage a second job along with the sponsor’s job.
- Doing voluntary work is allowed.
- This visa allows you to study along with the job.
- You can bring your dependents or family members with you.
- While living under this visa type, you can travel out and return to the UK.
- UK tier 2 work visa is extendable. Extension is only granted if you are still in the UK working for the same sponsor who made you enter in the UK in the first place. And lastly, you are still earning a handsome amount from this job.
- You can get extension. But your total UK stay must not cross 6 years.
- You can switch to UK Tier 2 work visa from a Tier 4 route.
Visa Bookings is a one stop solution for all countries visa application needs. We offer best ways to apply for a visa and make the process easy with our free visa consultations, no objection certificate, cover letter templates for our clients from Canada, UK, US, India, Europe, Philippines, China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Nigeria and all other countries. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, hotel reservations for visa, travel medical insurance, and other on demand services. Please feel free to send us an email or contact us where our team will be happy to assist.